A while ago, I received my first VoxBox in the mail. For those of you who haven’t heard of VoxBoxes, it is a small box of products that want people to test out new items and then talk about them online. It’s run through Influenster, and you have to fill out different surveys about yourself to get “badges” about what you do, stand for, have habits for, etc. For example, I have a Twitter badge because I have a Twitter account and an outdoor badge because I love doing outdoor activities. I have a bunch more, but you get the idea.
My first VoxBox was sent a couple weeks after Valentine’s Day (I know, a while ago!), and it was all love themed. I was super excited to get it in the mail (and stalked everyone else’s posts on Twitter and whined about not getting mine because of big snowstorms), so when I got it, I ripped into it with B. Here’s what we found:
1. A product card – The card tells you A) the theme of your VoxBox and B) what the products in the box are (and how much they will probably cost at your local store). It’s pretty helpful to get a good description of each product and an idea of what you will be reviewing.
2. Ghirardelli Gourmet Milk Creamy Devotion Bar – So I totally ate this (and I even shared with B!) and B threw out the box before I could take a photo of it. Oops. But the picture is of the coupon! It came with a great coupon, which is very nice. The chocolate itself is incredibly milky and creamy. If you are a dark chocolate fiend, this is not for you. If you love milk chocolate, however, have at it! It was absolutely delicious. It wasn’t too sweet, which is always a concern of mine with milk chocolate bars. I would definitely recommend this for killing your chocolate craving.
3. Gillette Venus and Olay Razor – Good. Ness. This razor makes you ridiculously smooth and you barely need any shave cream. Perfect for the upcoming beach season! I loved Venus razors before, but this one is the best I have tried thus far. Run to go get one if you need a new razor.
4. Kiss Nail Design – Fashion That Sticks – Someone knew what he/she was doing when he/she sent me the box with leopard print nail stickers. I love me some leopard print. I’m not going to lie; I was a little doubtful when I first looked at these. My nails chip faster than you could paint your nails, or in this case, put on stickers. I am tough on my nails. These lasted pretty well (around 4-5 days), and I really liked the print a lot. They say that you can put them on your toes, but I must have a really big big toe nail because none of them were large enough. Story of my feet. Nothing is big enough to fit.
5. Stash Tea Herbal Tea Sampler – I’m not always a tea lover, but the flavors in this box are pretty yummy. I need a lot of flavor payoff in my teas, and these seem to be pretty good hot and cold. I really like how they list every single flavor and each component within the flavors. As someone with a food allergy, individual lists are incredibly appreciated.
6. Truvia Natural Sweetener – I loved their first jingle. Now that it’s to the tune of “Twinkle Twinkle Little Star,” I’m a little bummed. But the actual product is pretty fair. It’s a basic sweetener, and I seem to be okay with it. I am okay with Splenda, so I guess my taste buds seem to jive with anything without aspartame. The little packets didn’t make this ideal for baking, though (but I know that was only because they were sending samples, which is very very nice of them).
Overall, I was really pleased with the products I got in my first VoxBox. I would definitely encourage you to sign up to check out how VoxBoxes work and become a part if you want to be product testers and talkers. I certainly don’t get paid (besides being paid in products to try the goods), but if you want to get some samples and give some reviews, go to Influenster and create an account. It’s totally free! Who doesn’t like getting goodies in the mail?
Have you tried any of these products? What do you think?