So… it’s been since April. And it’s July. Yeah…
I could come up with a million reasons why I have neglected writing for a while, but what it really boils down to is that losing one of my students in January hit me like a smack in the face. Was I being a quality teacher? Was I trying as hard as I could to plan quality lessons and activities that made a difference to my students? Some of the time, the answer was no. Sometimes I was being a flake. I needed to look at my goals and reevaluate. And just like going to the gym when you want to be lazy, ignoring the fact that I hadn’t been writing was easier as time went on. Sad, but true.
You know what? I was actually nervous to start writing again. I probably have no readers anymore, or if I do, I’ll pop up on the reader page and that person will be like, “Um… when did I subscribe to this?” So let’s recap what’s been going on, shall we?
Hi! I’m Erin! I currently live in Maine, but that’ll change reeeaaallllyyyy soon. I love clothing, accessories, and shoes simply because it is my new outlet for self expression. It took me 25 years to realize that, and I am learning how to put outfits together successfully without just channeling my inner scrub. (You know you just started singing TLC’s “Scrub” in your head. If it stays there all day, you’re welcome!)
I am currently trying to lose another ten pounds to get into shape. I lost ten pounds last summer, and I would love to have a similar pattern this summer.
A lot has been going on in the past
year four months, all of which I will write about (because I really do want to start writing again!):
1. B got into all three grad schools he applied to, we visited all of them, and he chose one!
2. I have been writing more for the Goodwill blog.
3. I shot my first maternity shoot, and just a couple days ago, I got to shoot their new family photos with their four-month old!
4. I ran my first 5k! And then I ran a four-miler and beat B, and then I ran another 5k. Yeah. I’ve been running.
5. We’re moving! We’re in the middle of trying to pack everything right now, which is a total pain in the butt.
6. I turned 26, and I’m pretty sure B and I are going through quarter-life crises.
7. Bestie Al came to visit! We wore B out with everywhere we went during her short two-week stay.
8. I had to say goodbye to my awesome coworkers and my students. I bawled for a week.
9. One of my friends got married!
That’s just a small list of what has been going on in the H household. Trust me, I’ll fill you ALL in.
To get myself on track for sustainable writing, I have decided that I’m not going to try to write every single day. Nope, I have learned that I cannot do that. Instead, I am going to write two days a week on average, typically Sunday and Wednesday. There may be times when I write more, and that’s okay. But to get myself back in the game, I’m sticking to my plan, mmmkay?
Welcome back, readers! Oh, how I have missed you!